Programs Requiring Prior University Study

You must complete university study before you can apply to the following programs.

To find programs that require you to complete college study before you can apply, view Collaborative University and College Programs.

3 Prior Study Programs


York University – Glendon Campus


You can apply to the concurrent BEd (French) program directly out of high school with the OUAC code YGJ or during your second or third year in a BA at Glendon with the code YGV.

Education classes do not start until after 2 or 3 years of study, depending on the teaching level you wish to be certified for. French proficiency test and supplementary application required.

International BA - iBA (Trilingual)

York University – Glendon Campus


A minimum of 1 year of university studies or the equivalent is required.

To apply to the trilingual iBA option, you need to have a strong proficiency in French; students are not required to have any background in the third language.

Apply with OUAC code YGH.


York University – Glendon Campus


Accelerated BA/iBA in Professional Translation

In addition to a direct-entry option, Glendon offers an accelerated BA program in Translation for applicants who already hold an undergraduate degree.

The program can be completed in 2 to 3 years, and most translation courses are offered in the evening to accommodate learners who also choose to work while studying. An entrance examination is required. Apply using OUAC code YGR.